The OpenMaker initiative is a pan-European project aiming to seed and accelerate the 4th Industrial Revolution – driving the radical distribution, decentralisation and mass collaboration between manufacturers and makers.
This initiative seeks to catalyse the ideation, discovery, design & prototyping of business models, production processes, products, and governance systems.
The herald of the 4th industrial revolution is not only the nature of the physical device we make and how and where we make it but also how we reimagine elements like citizens rights, quality assurance, insurance warranties and provenance in a zero margin cost society. It is ultimately a fusing of scalable industrial processes with state-of-the-art technology to bring about the new “smart factory” city. It will ultimately be through these new processes, ideas and institutions that this revolution comes about.
The OpenMaker initiative aims to create a transformational and collaborative ecosystem that fosters collective innovations within the European manufacturing sector and drives it towards more sustainable business models, production processes, products, and governance systems by bringing together manufacturers and makers.
Our Added Value
Within the consortium, PlusValue is leading on impact analysis and communication activities including:
- Enabling the enablers and setting social impact objectives with the maker communities
- Embedding social impact considerations into all OpenMaker activities online and offline
- Monitoring and reporting
- Awareness Raising for impact
- Outreach (communications, dissemination and exploitation of results, policy recommendations)
PlusValue will also support the Consortium partners on all other elements of the project including:
- Local Enabling Spaces for open manufacturing communities (mapping, set up, community building, enabling programme, pilot support scheme)
- ShakerMaker Digital Social Platform (development of conceptual framework, infrastructure, network measures of social impact, online co-creation community systems)
- Project management (administrative, financial, quality assurance)
For more information please contact Luisa (email).