The United Arab Emirates (UAE) aims to become a sustainable post-oil economy by 2020. Innovation, entrepreneurship, and diversification are paramount to achieving these goals. The United Arab Emirates University’s (UAEU) Science and Innovation Park (SIP) is positioning itself at the heart of a new knowledge-based ecosystem, helping to train the next generation of entrepreneurs, innovators, and changemakers to positively shape the global future of the UAE and the region.
PlusValue is working with UAEU’s Science and Innovation Park to:
- Provide training, workshops, and business mentoring to SIP students enrolled in their incubator programs
- Provide bespoke marketing and communication services for SIP to present internally and externally, including presentations, calls for participation, website support, logos, and infographics
- Helping SIP to maintain and grow its Global Advisory Panel, national and international networks, and strategic partnerships
- Supporting SIP’s Innov Global Think Tank to plan for Expo 2020 Dubai and develop a new Pavilion for Millennials and Future Generations
The main outcomes achieved by SIP in its pilot year (2015/16) include:
- 4 new start-ups presenting at SIP’s Demo Day, with 2 start-ups close to market launch, and 2 start-ups close to formal registration
- 200+ hours of workshops delivered in the Ideas to Prototypes programme, attended by 100+ students and staff
- 200+ workshop hours and 240+ mentoring hours delivered in the Prototype to Market incubator program, supported by 20+ expert Entrepreneurs in Residence and the Global Advisory Panel
- 10 start-up groups ready for the 2016 Challenge for Innovation
- Strategic national and international partnerships with:
- Arab Excellence
- BMW Foundation
- Dialogue Social Enterprise
- Dubai Economic Council
- French Tech Hub
- Institute of Design at Stanford
- Paris Region
- Tech Wadi
- The Erhard-Jensen Initiative
- University of Trento
PlusValue will continue to support SIP’s exciting and ambitious plans for growth in 2016/17 and beyond, including the launch of new business and leadership programs for new and experienced entrepreneurs, as well as plans for Expo 2020 Dubai and SIP’s Pavilion for Millennials and Future Generations. Check back here for project updates.
Please contact Fiorenza.